My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website

Front Cover Edition 1

Contents Page Edition1

Front Cover Edition 2

Contents Page Edition 2

Wednesday 28 March 2018

2. Existing adverts/campaigns I have researched and how these have influenced my ideas

Existing adverts/campaigns I have researched and how these have influenced my ideas



Lynx's Make Love, Not War Campaign





-Campaign helped non-profit organisation Peace One Day
-Has been developed by BBH London
-It worked to provide awareness for International Day of Peace which lies on the 21 September
-Utilises the hashtag: #KissforPeace
-Different UK cities (10) including Brighton, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester and Sheffield, projecting 70ft peace signs on well-known infrastructure
-Consists of three elements: Make Beats, Make Moments and Make Threads
-For Make Beats, Lynx used UK music producer, Naughty Boy who joined three leading music artists to create a recording standing for peace
-For Make Moments, Young Photographer of the Year, Matthew Lloyd paired up with Lynx to capture photos showcasing community exemplars of heroes demonstrating peace in action in their local area within the UK and Ireland.  In addition to the release of photograph collection, there was an Instagram competition where participants aimed to document pictures with connotations of peace  and its meaning to them linking them to the competition with the hashtag #LynxPeace
-For Make Threads, five emerging designers have fashioned t-shirts inspired by peace, creating a clothing series named The Limited Edition Lynx Peace collection which were sold through the fashion retailer ASOS and at RRP of £10. The net proceeds were donated to Peace One Day and the availability of the t-shirts began from May 6th 2014
-A large peace sign was also chalked into the grounds of Glastonbury
-Whole campaign cost £9 million


How this has influenced my ideas

This particular campaign has influenced my ideas because it is very memorable and iconic. It had a cause and what it was striving to achieve is very valid in today's society. The fact that it supported the charity, Peace One Day meant to not all proceeds went to the brand's company itself. I also like the social media aspect of including hashtags, spreading the word and starting a movement and I might try to incorporate this into my own print advert since my target audience are 16-2 from both the male and female audience who are part of social media loving generation.




Sure's Unapologetically Strong Campaign





-Ran on TV in 24 countries titled, 'We Are Strong'
-Shots were produced in abandoned buildings
-Brand encouraged people to share stories about being unapologetically strong
-Film locations were in  Prague, Czech Republic and Montevideo, Uruguay


How this has influenced my ideas

The campaign targeted at women who sweat is ideal in modern society. It has not stereotyped women and has been unconventional using female models who appear strong and are protected from visible sweat. I thought it was clever how they did not place their models in the outdoors but in abandoned buildings, this is think out side the box since people would think first that being strong lies in the outdoors. Additionally, I believe that the lack of colour but only on the typography is impactful due to the fact the audience's eyes are drawn to them more. I might try to attempt this as well as an innovative theme for advert.




Nivea's Feel Closer Campaign





-It is targeted at women between 30 and 54
-It is produced by Life Agency
-Its strapline is 'a million moments of closeness'
-Consumers of Nivea are able to take photos in a photo-booth vicinity that toured around   the UK in a roadshow
-University of Manchester's Professor Geoff Beattie, head of school and dean of   Psychological Sciences will carry out for research for Nivea in aid of their campaign


How this has influenced my ideas

This campaign is interactive for its consumers who take photos together that are uploaded on the brand's Facebook page. I think i could position the models in my advert in still moments of closeness because I do like the viewpoint Nivea used when doing the campaign on times of unity. I like the idea that the campaign is highlighting togetherness which I could try to recreate in my print advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment