My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website

Front Cover Edition 1

Contents Page Edition1

Front Cover Edition 2

Contents Page Edition 2

Wednesday 28 March 2018

5. The Representation of Events, Individuals, Issues and Social Groups in Print Advertising

For my brief, my specific target audience are of ages 16-25 aimed at both genders. I have explored adverts representing diversity in ethnicity, feature both genders and youth.

I looked at two print adverts below, focusing on its representation of events, individuals, issues and social groups.


#WeCanAll Campaign by American Eagle


-Features a variety of people of various  ethnicities and genders
-Advert is set in the outdoors 
-Models are fully clothed, not dressed 
 provocatively
-Everyone together shows a united front but  the models are still individuals through the  clothes being different
-The group are a selection of youthful people who are happy, enjoying themselves, there is no violence or negativity associated with the group
-Strapline: 'we the people' projects them as a collective who are stronger together



Men Vs Women Challenge Campaign by Nike

-This Nike advert has tied in the topic of the 
  battle of the sexes
-It represents women in a positive way, it  does not objectify them and show they are  equally strong and competitive
-Links in the theme of love with strapline;  'love can wait' 
-Both models are teamed with equally  serious expressions who are up for the  challenge of dominating the sport of running  




What I have learnt about the representation of events, issues, individuals and social groups in television, radio or print adverts and how I intend to demonstrate this knowledge and understanding in my production in order to communicate meaning successfully

I have learnt that for adverts can convey men and women together as one.In some adverts, women can be presented covered without revealing skin. Positivity is spread throughout different advert for example with the bringing together of people of different racial backgrounds. Moving forward, I would like to in my advert include togetherness as I think it really works well and it displays diversity and will help connect a variety of people to my advertisement.




No comments:

Post a Comment